In today’s busy and stressful routine, massage is a great way of releasing physical tension in joints, muscles, and connective tissue. It has health benefits such as a decrease in chronic pain, reduction of back pain, strengthening of the immune system, improved sleep, and increased energy. Massage also offers stress relieving benefits by increasing body and mind awareness.
Another reason to opt for massages is the different types of massages available for targeting various physical and mental benefits. Following are some common types of massages available in Killeen, TX:
- Swedish & Therapeutic Massage Session: A Swedish massage involves soft, long, kneading strokes in combination with light, rhythmic, tapping strokes on topmost layers of muscles. It also involves the movement of joints to relieve muscle tension for a relaxing and energizing experience. This type of massage is also helpful in recovery from an injury.
- Cupping: Cupping therapy is an ancient form of therapeutic massage. A therapist puts special cups on the skin for creating suction resulting in increased blood flow and relaxation. It is a kind of deep tissue massage that helps in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Aromatherapy: It is an extension of Swedish massage form and involves the use of massage oils or lotions that contain essential oils (highly concentrated plant oils). When a therapist performs aromatherapy, the client inhales essential oils or absorbs the oils through the skin. It promotes body and mind benefits by stimulating the limbic system of the brain. This leads to a relaxed and calm mind.
- Hot Stone Massage: A hot stone massage is a therapeutic massage that involves the placement of smooth, flat, and heated stones on specific body parts. The massage therapists may also hold the stones and perform Swedish massage techniques such as long strokes, circular movements, tapping, and kneading. It provides numerous benefits including relieving muscle tension, reducing anxiety, promoting sleep, relieving symptoms of autoimmune diseases, and boosting immunity.
- Deep Tissue: This type of massage involves the application of sustained pressure with slow and deep strokes that target inner muscle layers and connective tissues. It is used in treating musculoskeletal issues such as strains.
- Sports Massage: It is a special type of massage that manipulates the soft tissues to benefit the sports personnel engaged in regular physical activity. It is specifically designed to correct imbalances in soft tissue caused by repetitive and strenuous physical activity.
- Auricular Therapy: It is based on the concept that the ear is a micro system. It is represented on the auricle (the outer portion of the ear) and reflects the entire body. The therapy focuses on the stimulation of the surface of the ear for treating physical, mental, or emotional health of the patient.
- Cellulite Treatment: A cellulite treatment involves tissue massage in combination with radiofrequency technology, infrared light, and diode laser energy. It results in dislocating fat deposits, accelerating lipolysis, stimulating blood flow, flushing out toxins, etc.
Natural Relaxation Massage & Yoga is a renowned massage studio in Killeen, TX. It offers quality, custom made massages, and pampering treatments. The studio also offers yoga practice in combination with massage. To know more about types of massages and their benefits, visit 1519 Florence Road, Skyline Business Plaza Suite #16 Killeen, TX – 76541, or call at (254) 319 – 1292.