Aromatherapy can be simply described as a Swedish massage using a massage oil or lotion infused with essential oils. During the massage, the molecules of the essential oils are inhaled as well as absorbed through skin. These oils are known to promote beneficial changes in mind and body by stimulating the limbic system (the region of brain known to be involved in emotions).
Following are the purported properties of commonly used essential oils:
- Calming: Chamomile, lavender, and geranium oil
- Decongesting: Eucalyptus, pine oil, and tea tree oil
- Energizing: Rosemary oil
- Uplifting: Ylang-ylang oil, clary sage, rose, and neroli oil
General Benefits Of Aromatherapy Massage Include:
- Reducing stress
- Relieving anxiety
- Increasing calmness and relaxation
- Decreasing muscle tension
- Relieving pain
- Reducing symptoms of depression
- Easing out pain from various conditions such as fibromyalgia, chronic lower back pain, myofascial pain syndrome, arthritis, insomnia, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, peripheral neuropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
Specific Benefits Of Aromatherapy Massage Include:
The specific benefits of aromatherapy massage depend upon the essential oils being used for the massage. It is advised that the client should thoroughly discuss the purpose of the massage with the therapist so that the therapist may decide the essential oils suitable for the massage.
- Muscle Tone: Using suitable essential massage oils can help in muscle tone. Essential oils such as Marjoram and Balsam Fir are used for muscle toning. Lemongrass oil and White Fir oil reduce inflammation and aide muscle tone.
- Joint Pain: Joint pain commonly arises from physical activity or old age. Joint pain can be relieved by aromatherapy massage using some essential oils such as Wintergreen (eases tension in joints), Birch (relaxes joint and muscle tension), Cajeput (aides in stiffness), Roman Chamomile (reduces inflammation) and Spruce (reduces joint ache).
- Connective Tissue: Aromatherapy massage helps in combating issues of connective tissue and ligaments. Lemongrass oil is widely used in aromatherapy massage for relieving tension in ligaments and German Chamomile oil shows signs of improvement in connective tissue problems.
- Neuromuscular & Neuralgia: Neuromuscular & neuralgia are related to nerve damage/inflammation and muscle inflammation. Aromatherapy massage using essential oils such as Roman chamomile, tarragon, geranium, cypress, helichrysum, cedarwood, eucalyptus, juniper, and pine helps in reducing the inflammation and pain from these disorders.
Natural Relaxation Massage & Yoga offers aromatherapy massage to its clients in Killeen, TX. Aromatherapy massage has immense benefits including relaxation, pain relief, stress reduction, etc. The massage studio employs highly trained massage professionals. To know more about benefits of aromatherapy massage in Killeen, visit 1519 Florence Road, Skyline Business Plaza Suite #16 Killeen, TX – 76541 or call at (254) 319 – 1292.