A massage therapy at a spa is a great way of pampering and relaxing yourself. Additionally, it offers a variety of health benefits – physical, mental and emotional. It is one of the oldest healing treatments. It is a type of manual therapy that includes holding, moving and applying pressure to the muscles, tandems, ligaments and fascia for improving the health.
Following are some of the most common health benefits of getting a massage:
- Reduces Postural Stress: Long sitting hours at workplace can lead to postural stress. This stress can manifest in shoulders and neck. In advanced forms of postural stress, people may experience pain or weakness in lower back and gluteal region of the body. Carefully conducted massage therapy can help in countering the postural stress caused from sitting. It helps in maintaining the natural curve of the spine for relieving pain.
- Eases Muscle Pain: A massage helps in increasing and improving the flow of blood in muscles. This is beneficial in treating sore muscles and combating any related pain.
- Soothes Anxiety & Depression: Massage therapy helps in reducing anxiety and depression by promoting the release of calming hormones. Additionally, some massage therapies such as Aromatherapy, make use of essential oils that have a calming effect on the nerves.
- Better Sleep: A massage helps in soothing the muscles and relaxing the brain. This promotes the quality of sleep resulting in better mental, physical and emotional health. A completely relaxed body and mind are helpful in ensuring better productivity at work front and personal life.
- Boosts Immunity: Massage therapy results in improved blood flow through the body. It is also known to help in combating digestive disorders. this helps in boosting the immunity. Also, a relaxed and stress-free mind plays a great role in making healthy lifestyle choices for better immunity.
Natural Relaxation Massage & Yoga offers a variety of massage therapies to its clients in Killeen, TX. The massage spa ensures quality and custom made massages for delivering health benefits. The studio also offers yoga practice for better physical and mental health. To know more about the benefits of massage therapy, visit 1519 Florence Road, Skyline Business Plaza Suite #16 Killeen, TX – 76541 or call at (254) 319 – 1292.