Therapeutic massage is a broad term that is used for describing any type of massage that relieves pain, reduces stress, and work on specific areas such as frozen shoulder. The massage manipulates soft tissues and muscles to offer relaxation. The choice of therapeutic massage depends upon individual requirements. So, before choosing the correct therapeutic massage, it is important to know about different types of therapeutic massages and what they have to offer.
Here is a list of different types of therapeutic massages in Killeen:
- Swedish Massage: It is one of the most popular therapeutic massages. It helps in relaxing the body and increasing circulation by massaging the soft tissues. The massage involves different techniques and massage strokes such as kneading, rubbing, and vibrating. It also involves stretching and bending of joints. The main focus of the massage is to relax the muscles and joints without going deep.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This type of massage involves greater pressure for reaching deeper into muscles and tendons. The target of a deep tissue massage is the network of connective tissue that surrounds, supports and inhabits muscles, bones, organs and nerves. This type of massage is helpful in relieving chronic pain and stiffness.
- Prenatal Massage: Pain and swelling in lower back, legs or hips is common in pregnant women. Prenatal massage helps in relaxing the muscles and mind of pregnant women for ensuring their comfort. However, it is advised that pregnant women should consult their doctor before opting for a prenatal massage.
- Sports Massage: A sports massage helps in improving blood flow and relaxing muscles. It improves the flexibility to prevent injuries. Sports massage also helps in improving recovery from injuries caused by high intensity workout or game.
- Hot Stone Massage: This type of therapeutic massage makes use of heated stones to massage and relax sore muscles. The stones may be used with or without pressure.
- Aromatherapy: It has been practiced since ancient times across diverse cultures. The massage makes use of essential oils including peppermint, lavender, lemon, bergamot, and rose. In addition to relaxing muscles, aromatherapy helps in soothing the nerves and mind for better sleep.
Natural Relaxation Massage & Yoga offers a wide variety of therapeutic massages to its clients in Killeen, TX. Clients can choose from massage options such as aromatherapy, hot stone massage, cupping, etc. The massage studio also offers specially designed massages as per individual requirements. To know more about types of therapeutic massages in Killeen, visit 1519 Florence Road, Skyline Business Plaza Suite #16 Killeen, TX – 76541 or call at (254) 319 – 1292.